中国科学院南海海洋研究所机构知识库
Advanced  
SCSIO OpenIR  > 中科院边缘海地质重点实验室  > 期刊论文
学科主题: Oceanography
题名: Sediment sources and their contribution along northern coast of the South China Sea: Evidence from clay minerals of surface sediments
作者: Liu, JG ; Yan, W ; Chen, Z ; Lu, J
通讯作者: wyan@scsio.ac.cn
关键词: Sediment sources ; Contribution estimation ; Surface sediments ; Clay minerals ; Bays/harbors ; South China Sea
刊名: CONTINENTAL SHELF RESEARCH
发表日期: 2012
卷: 47, 页:156-164
部门归属: [Liu, Jianguo; Yan, Wen; Chen, Zhong; Lu, Jun] Chinese Acad Sci, S China Sea Inst Oceanol, Key Lab Marginal Sea Geol, Guangzhou 510301, Guangdong, Peoples R China
项目归属: 海洋地质
摘要: Clay minerals of surface sediment samples from nine bays/harbors along northern coast of the South China Sea (SCS) are used for sediment sources and contribution estimation in the study areas. Results reveal that sediments in the study bays/harbors seem to be a mixture of sediments from the Pearl, Hanjiang River and local islands/rivers, but their clay mineral assemblage is distinct from that of Luzon and Taiwan sediments, indicating that sediments are derived mainly from the neighboring sources through riverine input and partly from localized sediments. Due to input of local sediments in the northern SCS, sediments from both east of the Leizhou Peninsula (Area IV) and next to the Pearl River estuary (PRE, Area II) have high smectite percent. Affected by riverine input of the Pearl and Hanjiang Rivers, sediments in west of the PRE (Area III) and east of the PRE (Area I) have high illite (average 47%) and kaolinite (54%) percents, respectively. Sediment contributions of various major sources to the study areas are estimated as the following: (1) the Hanjiang River provide 95% and 84% sediments in Areas I and II, respectively, (2) the Pearl River supply 79% and 29% sediments in Areas III and IV, respectively and (3) local sediments contribute the rest and reach the maximum (similar to 71%) in Area IV. (c) 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
语种: 英语
WOS记录号: WOS:000310403800015
Citation statistics:
内容类型: 期刊论文
URI标识: http://ir.scsio.ac.cn/handle/344004/10309
Appears in Collections:中科院边缘海地质重点实验室_期刊论文

Files in This Item: Download All
File Name/ File Size Content Type Version Access License
1-s2.0-S0278434312001987-main.pdf(2456KB)----开放获取--View Download

Recommended Citation:
Liu, JG; Yan, W; Chen, Z; Lu, J.Sediment sources and their contribution along northern coast of the South China Sea: Evidence from clay minerals of surface sediments,CONTINENTAL SHELF RESEARCH,2012,47():156-164
Service
Recommend this item
Sava as my favorate item
Show this item's statistics
Export Endnote File
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Liu, JG]'s Articles
[Yan, W]'s Articles
[Chen, Z]'s Articles
CSDL cross search
Similar articles in CSDL Cross Search
[Liu, JG]‘s Articles
[Yan, W]‘s Articles
[Chen, Z]‘s Articles
Related Copyright Policies
Null
Social Bookmarking
Add to CiteULike Add to Connotea Add to Del.icio.us Add to Digg Add to Reddit
文件名: 1-s2.0-S0278434312001987-main.pdf
格式: Adobe PDF
所有评论 (0)
暂无评论
 
评注功能仅针对注册用户开放,请您登录
您对该条目有什么异议,请填写以下表单,管理员会尽快联系您。
内 容:
Email:  *
单位:
验证码:   刷新
您在IR的使用过程中有什么好的想法或者建议可以反馈给我们。
标 题:
 *
内 容:
Email:  *
验证码:   刷新

Items in IR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

Valid XHTML 1.0!
Copyright © 2007-2017  中国科学院南海海洋研究所 - Feedback
Powered by CSpace